§ 1 Information regarding the collection of personal information
(1) The information below is a description of the personal information we collect when you visit our website. Personal information is any information that relates to you personally, such as your name, address, email address and user behaviour.
(2) The data controller pursuant to Article 4 (7) of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
(see under legal notice)
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter to our postal address with the addition "The Data Protection Officer".
(3) When you contact us by email or by using a contact form, we will record you information you provide us with (your email address, where appropriate your name and telephone number) in order to respond to your questions. We will delete the information that we record in this respect when there is no longer a need to store it, or restrict the processing of it if statutory retention requirements apply.
(4) If we commission service providers for certain functions of our website or would like to use your information for marketing purposes, we provide you below with details of the respective processes. We will also mention the specified criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in terms of our handling of the personal information in question:
» Right to information,
» Right to rectification or deletion,
» Right to restricted processing,
» Right to object to processing,
» Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to submit a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal information.
§ 3 Collection of personal information when visiting our website
(1) When you visit our website purely for informational purposes, meaning when you do not have to register or provide any other information, we only collect the personal information that your browser transfers to our server. If you would like to view our website, we collect the following information that we require for technical reasons to be able to display our website to you and ensure stability and security (the legal basis for this is Article 6 (1) (1) (f) of the GDPR:
» IP address
» Date and time of your inquiry
» Time zone difference compared to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
» Content of the request (specific page)
» Access status/HTTP status code
» Respective volume of data transferred
» Website from which the request came
» Operating system and its interface
» Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the information specified above, we will store cookies on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the browser you are using and via which the entity that has inserted the cookie (by us in this case) obtains specific information. Cookies cannot run any programs or transfer viruses to your computer. The purpose of them is to make our website more user-friendly and more effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and operating principle of which are explained below:
» Transient cookies (see b in this respect)
» Persistent cookies (see c in this respect).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. These store a so-called session ID, using which various enquiries from your browser are assigned to the same session. This means your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predefined period of time, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, for instance, accept third-party cookies or reject all cookies. We would draw your attention to the fact that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website in this case.
f) The flash cookies are not collected by your browser, rather they are collected by your flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are placed in your terminal. These objects store the information required regardless of the browser you use and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want the flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, such as "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or Adobe Flash Killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using your browser in private mode. We also recommend that you regularly manually delete your cookies and your browser history.
§ 4 Other functions and services offered by our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we also offer various services that you may use if interested. To do so, you must generally provide personal information that we use to carry out the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your information. We have carefully selected these and commissioned the latter, they are obliged to follow our instructions and are reviewed regularly.
(3) We can also forward your personal information to third parties if we offer promotion participations, competitions, contract completions or similar services together with our partners. You can receive more detailed information on this by entering your personal information or in the description of the service below.
(4) If our service provider or partner has its registered office in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will notify of the consequences of this in the description of the service.
§ 5 Opposition to or revocation of consent to process your information
(1) If you have granted your consent to process your information, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Such a revocation will affect the admissibility of processing your personal information after you have submitted it to us.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal information on the balancing of interests, you can object to this processing. This is the case in particular if the processing is not required to fulfil an agreement with you, which is outlined by us in the subsequent description of the functions. If you submit such an objection, we will ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal information as we have done. If the objection is justified, we will examine the circumstances and either stop or adapt the processing of the information or indicate to you the compelling reasons for continuing the processing.
(3) Of course, you can at any time object to the processing of your personal information for the purposes of advertising and data analysis. You can notify us of your objection to processing your personal information for advertising purposes using the following contact details:
Tel. +49 9221-69177-0
Fax +49 9221-69177-33
Information for customers and suppliers can be found here.